BY RHIA BRABBLE
The semester is over and it’s time for summer vacation! No one wants to just sit around doing nothing all the time. Here are 5 must-see concerts this month:
- May 7: The Animal In Me, Like Monroe, The Things They Carried, Chlover, Arakara, and Until My Last Breath at Bombshell’s Tavern in Orlando. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 day of the show.
For more information, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/1432347613727555
Alternate show May 8 at The Goat House in Odessa.
Band genres include alternative, metal, post-progressive, experimental, post-hardcore, and melodic metalcore.
The Animal In Me had complications with members at the beginning of the tour, but pushed through it to continue the tour.
- May 9: And One For All, Illuminate Me, Burning Fair Verona, Fero Lux, Makari, I Shot the Albatross, Falls Upon Us, and The Iliad at Brass Mug in Tampa. Tickets are $10 21+, $12 under 21.
For more information, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/1378929712430947
Band genres include post-hardcore, metalcore, grunge, hardcore, metal, mathcore, progressive, alternative, experimental, and melodic.
This is And One For All’s “Anima Sola” album release show.
Illuminate Me will be playing new song “Lost Art” with a new guitarist and bassist.
- May 9: Bodysnatcher, Captivator, Apnea, Aegeus, Willowbrook, Untomoria, Noose, We Have Been Compromised, and Shadaloo at The Goat House in Odessa. Tickets are $10.
For more information, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/412607208912514
Band genres include hardcore, beatdown, metal, deathcore, post-hardcore, and ambient.
Untomoria will be playing with a new guitarist and performing new music.
- May 10: Lions Lions, Adventurer, Raising Cadence, What the Wolf Is, and Confidence Beyond Chaos at Backbooth in Orlando. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 day of the show.
For more information, go to: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=5809765&pl=bbooth
Band genres include rock, post-hardcore, progressive, indie, pop-rock, experimental, and punk.
Confidence Beyond Chaos will be releasing their debut single “Chain Reaction” on May 10.
- May 15: The Word Alive, Chelsea Grin, Like Moths to Flames, and Sylar at Backbooth in Orlando. Tickets are $18.
For more information, go to: https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/767779/tfly
Alternate date May 14 at Underbelly in Jacksonville.
Band genres include deathcore, metal, and hardcore.
The Word Alive and Chelsea Grin are co-headlining this tour playing smaller venues to make it more up close and personal.
The Word Alive recently released a music video for their song “Lighthouse”.
Like Moths to Flames released their new album “The Dream is Dead” in April.
- May 16: Everyone Dies in Utah, Within Us, Madtown, I Shot the Albatross, Aera Cura, The Kind One, and Fight Fall at The Goat House in Odessa. Tickets are $10.
For more information, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/1564324263856605
Alternate date May 15 at Vertigo in Ocala.
Band genres include, hardcore, post-hardcore, electronica, metal, experimental, melodic metalcore, deathcore, beatdown, and soulcore.
Everyone Dies in Utah released a music video for their new single “Exodus” in April.
- May 20: Late Nite Reading, Backseat Goodbye, Carter Hursley, Braiden Wood, and Cody T. at Backbooth in Orlando. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 day of the show.
For more information, go to: https://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=5797335&pl=bbooth
VIP tickets for Late Nite Reading are available for $30 for early entrance, a signed tour poster, and meet & greet with photo opportunity.
Band genres include alternative, folk, and indie.
Braiden Wood’s single and music video “Architecture 101” is out now.