BY RHIA BRABBLE
We’re getting into 2015 now. Which means more concerts! Here are 6 concerts this month to check out!
- Feb. 10: I the Breather, Exotype, Forevermore, Come the Dawn, and Suspect at Backbooth in Orlando. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 day of the show. For more information, go to: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=5491945&REFERRAL_ID=twfb&pl=bbooth Alternate show: Feb. 9 at 1904 Music Hall in Jacksonville. I, the Breather’s album Life Reaper was recently released. Come the Dawn released a music video for their song “Worlds Collide (As It Ends Tonight)” this month. Forevermore released a music video for their song “Transcendence” off of their debut album Telos.
- Feb. 13: The Thieving Hand, Siera, Witness Yourself, Hotel Sierra, My Sweet Symphony, and Best of Friends at Anonymous Guitars in Sunrise. Tickets are $10. For more information, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/880686795296535/ All bands are local bands. My Sweet Symphony has an EP titled “Honesty With a Hint of Sarcasm” out.
- Feb. 13: My Sweet Symphony, Back Home, and Far Too Young at Inkwell Pub in Margate. Free show. For more information, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/927394803937784/ All bands are local bands. Back Home’s self-titled EP was released late last year for free. There is a large selection of craft wine and beer for those of age.
- Feb. 14: Suspect, Untomoria, With Locusts and Liars, Existence has Failed, Kief Demon, Waste, My Sweet Symphony, Fellow Fews, Up From Here, and Worst Party Ever at The Goat House in Odessa. Tickets are $8. For more information, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/1544910329056075/ All bands are local bands. Valentine’s Day show, so bring your sweethearts. Suspect’s EP Hate Obsession is out now and available in hard copy. Their debut EP Disposition was released in November of last year. Existence Has Failed released their debut EP Dreadful this month.
- Feb. 15: Immortalist, Traitors, Dealey Plaza, Adaliah, Blunt Trauma, Regions, Bodysnatcher, Rival, Hounds, Willowbrook, Existence has Failed, We Have Been Compromised, Within Your Reach, Suspect, With Locusts & Liars, and Until My Last Breath at Legends in North Fort Myers. Tickets are $15. For more information, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/1417242768567592/ Bands are from across Florida and up the east coast, including Georgia and North Carolina. This is a festival, so it starts early and ends late. Genres of bands include downtempo, beatdown, metal, deathcore, hardcore, nu-metal, heavy, post hardcore, and melodic metalcore.
- Feb. 21: Dealey Plaza, Bodysnatcher, Clear Convictions, Blunt Trauma, The Iliad, Instinctual Betrayal, Suspect, Willowbrook, Lipschitz, When I Wake, Beyond a Lifetime, Transient, and Within Conviction at The Goat House in Odessa. Tickets are $10. For more information, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/187385281432141/ All bands are local bands. Dealey Plaza and Lipschitz have toured across the U.S. Dealey Plaza has a full length album titled Deliver Us coming out, and a song is being released Friday, Feb. 6. Bodysnatcher released their EP Abandonment in January. The Iliad released a single “Iron Fight (Feat. Brandon O’Dell)” in January.
- Feb. 27: Stick to Your Guns, The Amity Affliction, Being as an Ocean, ’68, In Hearts Wake, and Apnea at The Orpheum in Tampa. Tickets are $15 in advance, $25 day of the show. For more information, go to: http://www.foryourfriends.net/event/706775-stick-your-guns-tampa/ Alternate show: Feb. 28 at Underbelly in Jacksonville. Stick to Your Guns’ album Disobedient comes out this month. A full album stream on the Alternative Press website will be available Feb. 6. ’68 released a music video for their song “Track 9” in January.